IN CASE OF EMERGENCY ( Police, Fire or medical)
- From a campus phone: Dial 9-1-1 (You don't need to dial "9" before calling 9-1-1 from a campus phone.)
- From a mobile phone: Call 408.924.8000
For nonemergencies: Call 650.949.7313 or dial extension 7-3-1-3 from campus phones
- to report non-violent crimes such as theft
- to report non-injury vehicle accidents
- to report minor disturbances such as loud music
- to request assistance with unlocking doors, jump-starting a car, or obtaining a nighttime police escort
- to inquire about parking issues, fingerprinting, lost and found items, and general district police information
When you call the nonemergency number, you will always be given the option to reach a dispatcher, even when the campus police substation is closed.
All police departments in the State of California are required by law to have a process in which a civilian may make a complaint against police personnel. Any person can file a complaint against a member of the Foothill-De Anza Police Department (FHDAPD). Each complaint must contain an allegation, an unproven accusation that a member of the Police Department violated Department or City policy procedure, rules, regulations, or the law. The complaint may be filed online at http://police.fhda.edu/_police-services/a_civilian-complaint.html , in person at either campus police station or through any Police Department member.
- The De Anza campus police substation is located on the Lower Level of the Hinson Campus Center, across from the Advanced Technology Center. (See the De Anza campus map). They are open Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- The Foothill campus police substation can be found in the Campus Center Building 2100, Room 2103. (See the Foothill campus map).
- The Sunnyvale center police substation could be found in the Campus Building located at 1070 Innovation Way, 1st Floor, Admission&Records Office, Sunnyvale, CA 94089 (See the Sunnyvale center map)
Sign Up for Emergency Notification
Our free ENS on-campus emergency alert servie is capable of rapidly sending voice, e-mail and text messsages to all faculty, staff and students in case of situations such as a power outage, campus closure or other urgent situation.
Add or Update your Contact Information
- LOG IN to myportal.fhda.edu
- SELECT My Profile on the left navigation menu
- SELECT Setup Campus Crisis Contact Info (under Personal Information)
- ADD/UPDATE your Primary and Alternate Phone Numbers
Clery Act Annual Security Report
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and the recent VAWA and Campus SAVE amendments, Foothill-De Anza Community College District provides this Annual Security Report for students, faculty and staff concerning security policies and the number of reported crimes and arrests occurring on our campuses. You can view the 2019 Clery Act Annual Security report here.
Active Assailant Training "RUN-HIDE-DEFEND"
"Run, Hide, Defend" training is the curriculum designed and approved by the Santa Clara County Police Chiefs Association and the Santa Clara County Office of Education. The video is sponsored by the State Homeland Security Grant Program. The training is intended to provide students, faculty and staff information on how to protect themselves and respond to an active assailant event.